What are you doing this long weekend? Traveling to the Happiest Place on Earth? Looking to improve your pull-ups? Or just hungry for more recipes? I’ve got some fun and tasty links for you to check out in this week’s edition of Forky Friday!
How many of you are as obsessed with Downton Abbey as I am? If so, you MUST read PaleoNonPaleo’s Downton Abbey Guide to Paleo. I totally agree with her assessment that Sybil is the Queen of Paleo on that show.
Next up: Are any of you heading to Disney World over the holiday weekend? Before you pack your bags for the Magic Kingdom, make sure you brush up on Russ Crandall’s guide to Eating Gluten Free and/or Paleo at Disney World. And if you’re heading to Anaheim, check out my old posts from Disneyland last summer. Here’s Day 1 and Day 2.
Good luck and may the Force be with you, ‘cause elbowing your way through the crowds will be UGLY.
Me? I’m staying put this weekend – but I don’t plan to linger on the couch. There are two exercise moves I want to improve this year: push-ups and pull-ups. I’m forever looking for tips on how to crank these out with ease, and recently came across two great primers:
- Breaking Muscle’s The Proof is in the Pull-Up: 10 Tools For Getting Better at Pull-Ups, and
- Mark’s Daily Apple’s Push-Ups: The Perfect Primal Exercise
- I love me some za’atar. Now I can make this tangy and savory spice blend myself with 101 Cookbooks’ recipe.
- Although spring is around the corner, it’s still nippy ’round these parts. This hearty Vitamin A Bisque from Health-Bent will warm you from the inside out.
- Who’s got meat on their mind? Both Elise Bauer’s Rosemary Crusted Lamb Chops and Comfy Belly’s Jamaican Jerk Chicken are simple but deliciously meaty mains.
- Looking for a sweet treat to end your meal? Make these delectable Vanilla Strawberry and Raspberry Coconut Macaroons from Urban Poser or this No Joke Dark Chocolate Cake from Zenbelly. (That cake’s on the menu for the Zenbelly Paleo Pop-Up dinner this weekend, and I can’t wait! Hope to see some of you there!)
Leave a Reply