Hawaiian fire-spiced mushrooms is something I’ve been cooking up a lot–even while on vacay!
Even though I’m on vacay, I care enough about you, dear reader, to post a new recipe. Okay – this recipe is super simple and involves my favorite go-to cooking technique (roasting) but why mess with a good thing?
I’m seriously crushing on the spice blends and salts from Aloha Spice Company. Most are Paleo-friendly and/or organic and the flavor combinations are spot-on. Pele’s Fire Hawaiian is a smoky and spicy salt blend that perfectly seasoned these roasted, meaty, umami-laden ‘shrooms.
Keep reading for the recipe…
Time to make Hawaiian-Fire Spiced Mushrooms!
- 1 pound of king oyster mushrooms (or your favorite meaty fungus)
- 2 tablespoons of your favorite fat (I used macadamia nut oil)
- Generous amount of Aloha Spice Company’s Pele’s Fire Hawaiian (or your favorite seasoning)
- Juice of half a lemon
- All of my recommended kitchen tools are listed here.
I preheated the oven to 400°F on convection roast and chopped my mushrooms into uniformly sized pieces.
I tossed the mushrooms onto a foil-lined baking sheet, drizzled on the fat, and sprinkled on a healthy dose of Pele’s Fire Hawaiian salt seasoning.
I tossed everything with my hands and made sure all the ‘shrooms were in a single layer before placing the tray in the oven.
I roasted the mushrooms for 15 minutes, and then I tossed them and rotated the tray. Then, I roasted them for about 10 more minutes until golden brown and all the liquid had evaporated.
I plated the mushrooms and squeezed some lemon juice over the top.
Awesome tasting and so damn easy!
Looking for more recipe ideas? Head on over to my Recipe Index. You’ll also find exclusive recipes on my iPhone and iPad app, and in my cookbooks, Nom Nom Paleo: Food for Humans (Andrews McMeel Publishing 2013) and Ready or Not! (Andrews McMeel Publishing 2017)!
PRINTER-FRIENDLY RECIPE CARD
Hawaiian Fire-Spiced Mushrooms
- 1 pound king oyster mushrooms or your favorite mushroom
- 2 tablespoons ghee or fat of choice
- Aloha Spice Company’s Pele’s Fire Hawaiian or your favorite seasoning
- Juice of half a lemon
- Preheat the oven to 400° F on convection roast and chop the mushrooms into uniformly sized pieces.
- Toss the mushrooms onto a foil-lined baking sheet, drizzle on the fat, and sprinkle on a healthy dose of Pele’s Fire Hawaiian salt seasoning (or your favorite seasoning).
- Toss the mushrooms to make sure they are evenly spiced and in a single layer before placing them in the oven.
- Roast the mushrooms for 15 minutes. Then, toss them in the tray and rotate the tray and roast for an additional 10 minutes until golden brown and all the liquid has evaporated.
- Plate the mushrooms and squeeze some lemon juice on top. Awesome tasting and so damn easy!