I just have to get through five more nights of work before my three weeks of vacation starts! But before I get ahead of myself, here’s what I ate at work…
For snack, I ate some coconut flakes and macadamia nuts. Eating this tropical combination makes me yearn for our upcoming trip to Kauai!
After work, I braved the rain (WTF!) and stopped by the Downtown Palo Alto Farmers’ Market to pick up some produce, fish, and spices. This market is only open from May until December so this was my first visit since it re-opened. There are lots of great vendors but the ones I patronized today were:
- Far West Fungi:I bought some portobellos, creminis, and organic shiitakes. Love their ‘shrooms and they last over a week if you keep them in a paper bag on a shelf in your fridge (no crisper, no plastic!).
- Green Oaks Creek Farm: I got a ½ flat of Seascape strawberries and two dozen eggs. Hands-down the best strawberries at the market.
- FV Anne B: I love this stand! They sell wonderful fresh fish sustainably caught in Half Moon Bay. I bought some wild king salmon and a pound of wild prawns.
- Heirloom Organic Gardens:This stand has a huge variety of awesome greens and roots. I bought a mixed medly of carrots, some spigarello, and baby chard.
- Spice Hound: I’ve been waiting for this farmers’ market to reopen just so I can restock their spices without schlepping my ass to San Francisco. Yes, Penzeys is awesome but they don’t carry Dukka or Tabil seasoning!
I ran out of moola and was getting sleepy so I went home to catch some zzzz’s. While I snoozed, Fitbomb and the double-O’s went to cheer on Maddie at the CrossFit NorCal regionals. Yes, I miss out on a lot of fun due to work.
At 5:00 p.m., I woke up and prepared some sous vide wild king salmon. I skinned, divided, and seasoned the fillets with some dukka, salt, and pepper…
…sealed each fillet with a pat of butter…
…and dunked them in the SousVide Supreme (set at 125 F) for 20 minutes.
While the salmon was cooking, I made a quick stir-fry with sliced shiitake, baby spinach, minced garlic, Red Boat fish sauce, coconut aminos, salt,and pepper.
Afterwards, I torched the salmon…
…and plated up dinner.
After dinner, I did the individual workout #3 from the CrossFit NorCal regionals. I totally scaled the weight (125 lb instead of 205 lb) and height of the box (20" instead of 24") BUT it still took me almost 11 minutes. I don’t know how Jenny Labaw finished it in 4:45 RX’d. Holy moly.
On another note…look what finally came in the mail today!
I wanted to read the magazine from cover to cover but I had to haul my butt to work instead. Harumph.