Cinnamon and Coconut Paleo Pancakes
Yield 12 pancakes
I know Paleo pancakes are totally candy cigarettes but once in a while, I feel like making a stack for weekend brunch! Plus, they're delicious!
- 2 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons full fat coconut milk
- ½ mashed ripe banana (about 2 tablespoons)
- ½ teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1½ tablespoons of Bob’s Red Mill organic coconut flour
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 small pinch of salt
- ghee or coconut oil (for frying)
- Whisk the eggs, coconut milk, mashed banana, apple cider vinegar, and vanilla extract in a large bowl until well combined.
- Then, in a separate bowl, mix together the coconut flour, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt.
- Whisk together the dry and wet ingredients just before cooking.
- Heat a tablespoon of ghee over medium heat in a small cast iron skillet and add a tablespoon of batter to the pan.
- As soon as bubbles formed on the surface (about 1½ minutes), flip the flapjack over and let it cook for another 30 seconds or so on the other side.
- Repeat until done with the batter and enjoy!
Totally not Whole30 approved!
Cuisine Paleo, Primal, Gluten-free
Recipe by Nom Nom Paleo® at http://nomnompaleo.com/post/9199871590/cinnamon-and-coconut-pancakes