I love lettuce tacos ‘cause you can fill them with whatever you have on hand. You meal can be as complicated or simple as you damn well please. Plus, you get to eat with your hands AND you don’t have to wash any utensils. I hate doing the dishes.
Don’t get caught up trying to gather the exact ingredients I used. Just fill your lettuce cup with whatever you’ve got in your fridge. I do insist that you make Fitbomb’s awesome guacamole as a topper – that’s non-negotiable.
Here’s what I gathered to feed 4-6 people:
- 1 batch of emergency protein (I used 1 lb grass fed ground beef + Chili 9000 seasoning)
- 1 batch Tabil-seasoned sautéed shrimp
- 1 head of butter leaf lettuce, leaves separated and washed (I LOVE Live Gourmet living butter lettuce! It stays fresh for a long time and it’s pesticide-free.)
- ½ medium jicama, sliced into thin matchsticks
- 2 medium carrots, peeled with a julienne peeler
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced
- 1 batch of guacamole
Here’s how I assembled the tacos:
I fried up the surf…
While the protein was cooking, I prepped the veggies…
When I was finished, everone piled on their own toppings and dinner was served!