The hardest part of this recipe is making the homemade mayonnaise. If you already have some on hand, you can have this dish on your table in 5 minutes.
Here’s what I assembled to serve 3-4 people:
- 1 pound can of lump crab meat (I get mine at Trader Joe’s or Costco)
- 2 scallions thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons of chopped Italian parsley
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- 1-2 tablespoons of Paleo mayonnaise
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
Here’s how I made it:
I assembled my ingredients and chopped my herbs.
Then, I cracked open the can ‘o crab and squeezed out the extra liquid.
I dumped the crab in a medium sized bowl…
…and mixed in the scallions, parsley, salt, and pepper.
Next, I added the mayonnaise and the lemon juice.
Taste it to see if you need more mayo, lemon juice, salt, or pepper.
Serve it over greens and top with avocado or guacamole. Or, if you want to throw together a quick appetizer, mix the crab salad with some finely-diced red bell pepper and spoon it in some endive spears.