If you’ve never tried goat before, I’m here to tell you that sous vide goat loin chops should be on your dinner table!
Goat meat is my new crush. I can’t believe all the years of tasty chow I’ve missed out on because I mistakenly thought it was tough and gamey.
Instead, the lean meat is mild and kind of sweet tasting. Maybe I’ve been spoiled by the high quality goat meat from Full of Life Farm, but how can it not be delicious if they’re raised on “a lush diet of blackberries?”
I bought a bunch of goat loin chops the other day and knew right away that I wanted to prepare them sous vide. I cook almost all my steaks in the SousVide Supreme ‘cause I want them to come out perfect the first time. (Remember? You can always hack your own sous vide cooker without shelling out the big bucks by following these directions.)
Time to make Sous Vide Goat Loin Chops!
- 10 goat loin chops
- Tabil seasoning (or your favorite dry rub)
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- All of my recommended kitchen tools are listed here.
I dried off the chops…
…seasoned them with Tabil, salt, and pepper…
…and vacuum sealed them.
I dropped them in the SousVide Supreme set at 130 F and left them in there for a minimum of 2 hours.
When I was ready to eat them, I took them out of the packets…
…dried them off…
…and seared them with my kitchen torch.
I eat these mini chops with my hands. Nom. Nom. Nom.
Looking for more recipe ideas? Head on over to my Recipe Index. You’ll also find exclusive recipes on my iPhone and iPad app, and in my cookbooks, Nom Nom Paleo: Food for Humans (Andrews McMeel Publishing 2013) and Ready or Not! (Andrews McMeel Publishing 2017)!
PRINTER-FRIENDLY RECIPE CARD
Sous Vide Goat Loin Chops
- Dry off the goat loin chops with paper towels and season liberally with Tabil, salt and pepper.
- Vacuum seal the chops.
- Drop the meat into the SousVide Supreme set at 130° F and leave them in there for a minimum of 2 hours.
- Once the 2 hours have passed, take the goat out of the packets and dry them off.
- Sear them with your kitchen torch and enjoy!