When naysayers and eye-rollers tell me that Paleo food options are too limited and boring, I often find myself explaining (yet again!) that we don’t just eat boring old ground beef. After all, there’s incredible variety in the types of real, whole, nutrient-dense foods that we can all thrive on.
But I certainly don’t want to create the impression that ground beef is off the table. In fact, it’s an excellent protein source for Paleo eaters—especially for those of us on a budget. When it comes to meat, I try to stick with grass-fed ruminants, but doing so can be pricy.
The solution? I stock up on ground beef and tougher cuts like brisket, chuck, or short ribs (which are cheaper and can be slow-cooked or pressure-cooked to tender perfection). Truth be told, I always have grass fed ground beef in my freezer and fridge because it’s versatile, economical, and delicious—especially when you have recipes like these in your kitchen arsenal:
Deconstructed Samosa (Spiced Kheema)!
(Psst! Check out the porky-mushroomy variation here!)
Curried Beef , Broccoli Slaw, and Mushroom Frittata Muffins!
Looking for more ideas? Check out these other wonderful ground meat recipes from some of my favorite bloggers:
- Melissa Joulwan’s super-famous Chocolate Chili!
- Paleo Comfort Foods’ rib-sticking Farmer’s Pie!
- Stupid Easy Paleo’s comforting Paleo Plantain Pie!
- Against All Grain’s classic Barbecue Hamburgers (plus helpful tips on how to eat Paleo when dining out)!
- Meatified’s fabulous and budget-friendly Beef & Pumpkin Stew!
- Nerd Fitness demonstrates how ground meat + 10 minutes of prep = 10 delicious meals!
- Last but certainly not least, my gal pal Holly posted 25 non-burger recipes to make with ground beef. No joke!
Ground beef: It’s anything but boring. And it won’t give you nightmares.0
Leave a Reply