Spring has sprung in my neck of the woods, and the stands at the farmers’ markets are brimming with crisp tender greens and baskets of bright red, juicy strawberries. After a chilly winter cooped up indoors, I’m ready to cook up a bunch of vegetables and fire up the grill. In this week’s edition of Forky Friday, I’ve got links to inspiring cooking videos and recipes that will help you get your groove on in the kitchen!
Here’s what I handpicked this week:
- Before we start with the recipes, I want to share with you this treasure trove of GIFs that break down essential knife skills. Click through the gallery and then practice, practice, practice.
- I love that asparagus is back in season again. During the spring, this vegetable’s cheap and plentiful – and Henry loves it when I save money. (Remember: You don’t have to spend more on organic asparagus ‘cause it’s on the Clean Fifteen list.) Not sure how to pick or store asparagus? Check out this great tutorial below:
- Once you’re ready to cook ’em, simply steam the stalks and top them with a creamy Hollandaise sauce. Don’t be intimidated by the prospect of making your own Hollandaise – you can whip up the sauce in JUST ONE MINUTE by following the steps outlined in this nifty little video from The Food Lab:
- My favorite way to make asparagus is to wrap them in prosciutto and broil ’em. It’s an elegant dish to take to parties, and no one will know how easy it was to make.
- I love this classic video by Food Wishes for Grilled Spanish Mustard Beef. Delicious, versatile, and best of all: EASY.
- I’m frequently asked how to reheat leftovers and have them taste just as good the second go-around. I don’t have the answer for every dish, but I just discovered a foolproof way to reheat steaks from the trusted folks at America’s Test Kitchen. Watch and learn from the masters:
- I’m not afraid about the saturated fat and cholesterol in red meat and you shouldn’t be either. Don’t believe me? Read what smarty-pants Chris Kresser has to say about it here.