After sleeping a whopping seven hours last night, I woke up ready to tackle the new day and pummel it into submission. Sadly, I think I was K.O.’d in the first round.
Upon remotely checking our voicemail at home, I discovered that I had to work at Lil-O’s preschool co-op because one of the other parent volunteers was sick. Quickly, I decided to fry up a Thai omelet…
…but unfortunately, I forgot to switch on the fan above the stove. As a result, my cooking set off our hotel room’s ear-piercing smoke alarm – and the whole complex was evacuated at 7:45 a.m. Gooooooooood morning, everyone!
Seriously, I can’t make this stuff up.
My morning at the school sped by. (Time flies when you’re changing small children out of urine-soaked pants.) Before I knew it, I was lying in my dentist’s office getting the unwelcome news that my gums are receding and surgery is imminent. Hooray! I have old lady gums to match my graying hair!
When I finally got home, I was hungry and stressed. Our dusty, floor-less house hasn’t been occupied in almost two weeks, so there was nothing edible in the fridge. I ended up grabbing some shelf-stable items from the pantry: a can o’sardines…
…and a pack of SeaSnax.
After gobbling it all down, I had a 15 minute window all to myself before I had to pick up the Double-Os from school. So naturally, I peeled back the foil wrap of a dark chocolate bar and savored it.
My Chocoholics Anonymous sponsor/fairy godmother is keeping my recent Chocosphere delivery under lock and key per my request. She’s also psychic: Today, she delivered two bars to my doorstep unprompted – wrapped in pretty pink paper and tied with a bow.
In the evening, we cheered Big-O at his baseball game before heading to dinner at Sancho’s Taqueria for the second night in a row (at the request of our 7-year-old slugger).
Tonight, the husband ordered the salad I concocted yesterday from various menu items (house salad with added carne asada, shrimp, and guacamole)…
…and I ordered a bunch of items a la carte: carne asada, grilled veggies…
**WARNING! Please avert your eyes if you’re not interested in a quickie Nom Nom Paleo iPad app update!**
- We’ve created a detailed FAQ for anyone who wants all the deets on the app and upcoming updates here.
- We were delighted to read these glowing reviews about our app on 148Apps and Paleo Parents. Hubby and I are flattered, proud, and beet-red from embarrassment.
- The new version of the app, which is indeed compatible with 1st generation iPads (Yay!), has been submitted to Apple for review and should be approved in the next week. Keep your fingers and toes crossed!
- There are two giveaways underway for free copies of the iPad app: check out the one at Paleo Parents and the one going on at Chris Kresser’s Facebook page. Chris is also giving away a new iPad!
- Lastly, this has nothing to do with my app, but you should know that my pal George from Civilized Caveman Cooking Creations – the Marine with a heart of gold and abs of steel – has an awesome Memorial Day giveaway underway with a grand prize worth $4000(!). What a baller. Go sign up here.