Remember how I sous vided a butterflied lamb leg and tri-tip roast earlier this week? Well, I finished cooking off the lamb tonight and it was fantastic!
Time to make Sous Vide Mustard and Herb Seasoned Butterflied Lamb Leg!
- 1 pre-seasoned lamb leg (I got mine from Costco)
- 2 tablespoons of lard
- All of my recommended kitchen tools are listed here.
Purchase this pre-seasoned lamb leg at Costco while they last:
Re-vacuum seal in your own bag and without the absorbent paper:
Plop in your SousVide Supreme set at 130 F for 24 hours:
Remove the cooked meat from SousVide Supreme and plunge in an ice water bath for 1 hour and store in fridge or freezer until needed. If reheating from fridge, set SousVide Supreme to 130F and drop in packet for 30 minutes.
Then, remove the packet from the bath and pat dry with paper towels.
Heat up 2 tablespoon of lard in a cast iron skillet on high. Sear the leg, fat side down when fat is smoking. Leave undisturbed for 2 minutes. Flip over and sear on the other side for 2 minutes.
Slice up and dig in!
Really delicious! In the past, when I’ve roasted boneless leg of lamb the conventional way, parts of it would be too rare and other parts would be too well-done. This piece of meat was pink throughout and really tender and juicy. Plus, it was seasoned really well. I’d definitely plunk down $20 plus change for this pre-seasoned, ready-to-cook piece of lamb. There’s definitely enough meat for 6 hearty eaters. Next to pork chops, this was the best thing I’ve made in my SousVide Supreme thus far.
I served the sliced lamb leg with garlic cauliflower mashed “potatoes”, and sautéed spinach. Nom. nom. nom.
Looking for more recipe ideas? Head on over to my Recipe Index. You’ll also find exclusive recipes on my iPhone and iPad app, and in my cookbooks, Nom Nom Paleo: Food for Humans (Andrews McMeel Publishing 2013), Ready or Not! (Andrews McMeel Publishing 2017), and Nom Nom Paleo: Let’s Go! (Andrews McMeel Publishing 2021).
PRINTER-FRIENDLY RECIPE CARD
Sous Vide Mustard and Herb Seasoned Butterflied Lamb Leg
- 1 mustard and herb seasoned butterflied lamb leg I purchased mine from Costco
- 2 tablespoons lard or your fat of choice
- Re-vacuum seal the lamb legs in your own bag without the absorbent paper and plop them in your SousVide Supreme set at 130°F for 24 hours.
- Remove the cooked meat and plunge it in an ice water bath for 1 hour and store in the fridge or freezer until needed.
- When you're ready to cook your lamb, set your SousVide Supreme to 130°F and drop in the packet for 30 minutes.
- Remove the meat from the bath and packet and pat dry with paper towels.
- Heat up the lard in a cast iron skillet on high. Sear the leg, fat side down for 2 minutes undisturbed. Flip over and sear the other side for an additional 2 minutes.
- Let the meat rest. Then, slice up and dig in! Serve with garlic cauliflower mashed “potatoes”, and sautéed spinach.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.