My night at the hospital was so busy, I didn’t get around to eating my packed meal until close to dawn. 

In about five minutes, I gobbled up some leftover Turkish slider burgers, roasted broccoli, and sauteed mixed veggies.

When I returned home in the morning, I filled my pressure cooker with meaty beef bones…

…veggies, and water to make a big pot of bone broth.

As I babysat the pot, I listened to the first day of The Paleo Summit. Good stuff. 

When the broth was finished cooking, I strained the broth and shredded the meat.

In the evening, I popped out of bed to make dinner. Okay, that’s revisionist history because it took me several failed attempts to roll off my mattress.

For dinner, I grabbed a cauliflower and chopped up the greens and florets.

I fried some bacon…

…and sauteed the cauliflower greens and onions in the grease.

I tossed the florets in melted coconut oil and curry and roasted them in the oven.

For our main dish, I seasoned the black cod fillet from Siren SeaSA with salt and pepper…

…and seared both sides in the bacon grease.

I topped the fish with homemade Dukka seasoning (recipe will be in the upcoming iPad cooking app)…

…and popped it in the toaster oven to cook through.

Here’s my dinner plate:

After dinner, I removed the chuck roast from the SousVide Supreme and put it on ice but I left the beef tongue and cheeks to soak until tomorrow night’s dinner. Then, I packed my stuff for work and zoomed off for the hospital.

Only three more nights to go!

About Michelle Tam

Hello! My name is Michelle Tam, and I love to eat. I think about food all the time. It borders on obsession. I’ve always loved the sights and smells of the kitchen. My mother was (and is) an excellent cook, and as a kid, I was her little shadow as she prepared supper each night. From her, I gained a deep, abiding love for magically transforming pantry items into mouth-watering family meals.

Other Recipes You May Like

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *