This Golden Glow Smoothie is a refreshing and creamy drink that packs in fresh fruit, veggies, coconut milk, collagen, and turmeric.
I’m not a regular imbiber of morning smoothies ’cause I’d rather eat something savory for breakfast, but sometimes an icy drink hits the spot after a workout or when it’s super hot. When the mood strikes, it’s easy for me to make this tropical smoothie because I almost always have the ingredients in my kitchen.
Plus, drinking my Gold Glow Smoothie takes me back to Maui where I first tried something similar at one of my favorite health food spots—and that’s always a good thing.
Too cold for a smoothie? Make my steamy Golden Milk instead!
Time to make Golden Glow Smoothie!
Serves 2 (or makes 1 giant smoothie)
- ½ cup full-fat coconut milk
- ¼ cup collagen peptides
- ½ teaspoon turmeric powder
- Pinch of freshly ground pepper
- 1 small frozen banana, cut into coins
- 1 Persian or Armenian seedless cucumber (6-inches), cut into coins
- 1 cup frozen mango chunks
- Honey, maple syrup, or stevia to taste (optional)
- Measuring cups
- Measuring spoons
- Chef’s knife
- Cutting board
- High speed blender
- Metal straws (optional)
Grab your blender and pour in the coconut milk, collagen peptides, turmeric…
…freshly ground pepper, banana, cucumber, and mango. If you want to add extra sweetener, you can do it now.
Blitz until smooth!
Divide into two cups…
…or drink it all yourself!
Looking for more recipe ideas? Head on over to my Recipe Index. You’ll also find exclusive recipes on my iPhone and iPad app, and in my cookbooks, Nom Nom Paleo: Food for Humans (Andrews McMeel Publishing 2013) and Ready or Not! (Andrews McMeel Publishing 2017)!
PRINTER-FRIENDLY RECIPE CARD
Golden Glow Smoothie
- Grab your blender and pour in the coconut milk, collagen peptides, turmeric, freshly ground pepper, banana, cucumber, and mango. If you want to add extra sweetener, you can do it now.
- Blitz until smooth!
- Divide into two cups or drink it all up yourself!
- If you don't have a high powered blender, you may need to add a little more coconut milk to blend it smooth.
- I don't add any extra sweetener because I like it as is, but feel free to add some to taste if needed.