Looking for a festive non-alcoholic drink to serve at your next holiday party? Make a pitcher of my Whole30-friendly Pomegranate Orange Mocktail!
This Whole30-friendly bubbly drink is perfect for all your partygoers, especially if they’re paleo, underage, or a fellow sufferer of Asian Flush/Glow. My Pomegranate Orange Mocktail is the perfect marriage of tangy pomegranate juice, sweet orange juice, and spicy ginger—and you won’t even miss the alcohol!
Of course, if you want to turn this mocktail into a full-on adult beverage, you can replace the sparkling water with champagne or prosecco. Don’t worry—your secret is safe with me!
Time to make Pomegranate Orange Mocktail!
- 1 medium orange
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger (Pro tip: use a microplane to zest a frozen piece of peeled ginger root)
- 1 cup pomegranate juice (no sugar added)
- 4 cups unflavored sparkling water
- ¼ cup pomegranate arils (optional garnish)
- Large pitcher
- Measuring cups
- Measuring spoons
- Microplane zester
- Vegetable peeler
- Citrus juicer
- Cutting board
- Chef’s knife
- Cocktail strainer
- Cocktail glasses
Peel the zest off the orange using a vegetable peeler. Make sure you don’t scrape too deep ’cause the white stuff’s bitter.
Reserve a few pieces of zest for garnish and add the rest to a large pitcher. Juice the orange…
…and pour the juice into the pitcher with the zest. Add the grated ginger (a.k.a. ginger snow)…
…pomegranate juice, and sparkling water.
When you’re ready to serve, stir well and strain before pouring into cocktail glasses filled with ice.
Garnish the mocktail with the reserved orange zest and some pomegranate arils.
Looking for more recipe ideas? Head on over to my Recipe Index. You’ll also find exclusive recipes on my iPhone and iPad app, and in my cookbooks, Nom Nom Paleo: Food for Humans (Andrews McMeel Publishing 2013), Ready or Not! (Andrews McMeel Publishing 2017), and Nom Nom Paleo: Let’s Go! (Andrews McMeel Publishing 2021).
PRINTER-FRIENDLY RECIPE CARD
Pomegranate, Orange, Ginger Mocktail
- 1 medium orange
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger Pro tip: use a microplane to zest a frozen piece of peeled ginger root
- 1 cup pomegranate juice no sugar added
- 4 cups sparkling water
- ¼ cup pomegranate arils optional, garnish
- Peel the zest off the orange using a vegetable peeler. Make sure you don’t scrape too deep ’cause the white stuff’s bitter. Reserve a few pieces of zest for garnish and add the rest to a large pitcher
- Juice the orange and pour the OJ into the pitcher with the zest. Add the grated ginger (a.k.a. ginger snow), pomegranate juice, and sparkling water.
- When you’re ready to serve, stir well and strain before pouring into cocktail glasses filled with ice. Garnish the mocktail with some pomegranate arils and the reserved orange zest.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.
Thank you for sharing such a detailed recipe. The colors are so beautiful! And I love how healthy this mocktail is.
I made this as a mixer for a holiday gathering. It was such a hit, everybody loved it! To go with the mixer we put out sparkling water, champagne, and vodka. I’m bringing this to our next event as well!