Simple Cauliflower Rice
Yield 6 servings
Looking for a delicious, simple, Whole30-friendly, Paleo alternative to white rice? Make my simple cauliflower rice recipe!
- 1 small cauliflower head, chopped coarsely or 16 ounces riced cauliflower
- 2 tablespoons ghee, coconut oil, avocado oil, or fat of choice
- 1 small onion, chopped finely in a food processor
- Diamond Crystal brand kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- Aleppo pepper (optional)
- Grab your cauliflower florets and throw them into a food processor fitted with the chopping blade.
- Pulse the contents until the cauliflower resembles couscous or rice grains. (You skip steps 1 & 2 if you have a bag of riced cauliflower.)
- Heat a 12-inch pan over medium heat until hot. Add your favorite cooking fat and when it's shimmering, toss in the onions. Cook, stirring frequently, until the onions are translucent.
- When the onions are softened, dump in the riced cauliflower and stir well to distribute the fat and onions.
- Season the “rice” with some salt, pepper, and Aleppo pepper (if using).
- Cover the skillet and cook the cauliflower for 5-10 minutes or until softened. Make sure the rice doesn't get mushy! Taste for seasoning and adjust with additional salt and pepper if needed.
- Serve immediately or store in the fridge for up to a week.
Courses Side dish
Cuisine Paleo, Whole30, Gluten-free, Vegetarian, Vegan
Recipe by Nom Nom Paleo® at http://nomnompaleo.com/post/1626071845/another-simpler-version-of-cauliflower-rice