The SousVide Supreme has forever changed the way I cook in the kitchen. The water oven makes it APPEAR like I slaved at the stove all day, when I only spent about five minutes of prep time. Hee hee!
I SO love it.
Even when you’ve got a piece of meat that is super tapered at one end (e.g. tenderloin), the whole piece of meat is PERFECTLY cooked from edge to edge. No one gets stuck choking down a dry, over-cooked end piece!
(Don’t forget that you can hack a sous vide machine yourself.)
Time to make Sous Vide Pork Tenderloin!
Serves 4 – 6
- 2 pork tenderloins, about a pound each
- 1.5 tablespoons of Tabil seasoning (or your favorite dry rub)
- 1.5 tablespoons of Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 Tbs of ghee or butter
- All of my recommended kitchen tools are listed here.
Dry off the meat…
…and liberally season with salt, pepper, and your favorite dry rub.
Add a pat of butter or ghee to each tenderloin and vacuum seal it.
Stick the packet in the SousVide Supreme set at 135-140 F (I prefer 135F) for a minimum of 2 hours. (If you aren’t serving them right away, dunk them in an ice bath for an hour and store in the fridge and freezer.)
Take the pork out of the packet, dry it off…
…and sear in a hot pan with your favorite fat or torch it.
Looking for more recipe ideas? Head on over to my Recipe Index. You’ll also find exclusive recipes on my iPhone and iPad app, and in my cookbooks, Nom Nom Paleo: Food for Humans (Andrews McMeel Publishing 2013) and Ready or Not! (Andrews McMeel Publishing 2017)!
PRINTER-FRIENDLY RECIPE CARD
Sous Vide Pork Tenderloin
- Dry off the meat with paper towels and liberally season with salt, pepper, and your favorite dry rub.
- Add a pat of ghee to each tenderloin then vacuum seal it.
- Stick the packet into the SousVide Supreme for a minimum of 2 hours. (If you aren’t serving them right away, dunk them in an ice bath for an hour and store in the fridge and freezer.)
- Once the 2 hours have passed, take the pork out of the packet and dry them off.
- Sear in a hot pan with ghee or torch it.