Grilled zucchini is the perfect summer veggie side that’s easy to throw on the grill or in the oven!
This simple yet bangin’ recipe is one that I modified from Cook’s Illustrated. The key difference is in the fat – I subbed in virgin red palm oil for extra virgin olive oil.
Time to make Grilled Zucchini or Summer Squash!
- 1 ½ pounds of summer squash, trimmed and sliced lengthwise in 1/2” strips
- 2 tablespoons of virgin red palm oil or extra virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Aged balsamic vinegar
- Handful of basil leaves, cut in chiffonade
- All of my recommended kitchen tools are listed here.
I lay the squash slices on a foil-lined baking sheet and brushed both sides with the palm oil. Then, I seasoned liberally with salt and pepper.
I cooked the squash on the gas grill set on medium heat…
…for about 8-10 minutes total. (They were flipped once at the 4 minute mark.)
Before serving, I drizzled on the vinegar and sprinkled on the basil.
Now you know what do with that mountain of zucchini you’ll have this summer!
Looking for more recipe ideas? Head on over to my Recipe Index. You’ll also find exclusive recipes on my iPhone and iPad app, and in my cookbooks, Nom Nom Paleo: Food for Humans (Andrews McMeel Publishing 2013), Ready or Not! (Andrews McMeel Publishing 2017), and Nom Nom Paleo: Let’s Go! (Andrews McMeel Publishing 2021).
PRINTER-FRIENDLY RECIPE CARD
Grilled Zucchini or Summer Squash
- Lay the squash slices on a foil-lined baking sheet and brush both sides with the palm oil.
- Season the squash liberally with salt and pepper.
- Set the gas grill to medium heat.
- Cook the squash for about 8-10 minutes total, flipping at the 4 minute mark.
- Before serving, drizzle on the vinegar and sprinkle with basil.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.