Hubby was experimenting in the kitchen and he came up with a recipe for super simple savory coconut flour and egg pancakes. I have to admit that I was pretty dubious when he started throwing everything together, but the pancakes ended up tender and tasty!
Time to make Savory Coconut Pancakes!
Makes two 8-inch pancakes
- 3 eggs
- 2 tablespoons of coconut flour (amount varies by brand & how dense you want the pancake)
- Kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon of butter or ghee
- All of my recommended kitchen tools are listed here.
He grabbed three pastured eggs out of the fridge…
…measured out the flour…
…and beat them together with a pinch of salt.
Then, he melted ½ tablespoon of butter over medium heat and poured in half the batter.
After about 2 minutes, he flipped it over…
…and cooked it for another minute or so to finish it off.
He repeated the same steps with the rest of the batter to make another flapjack.
The pancakes tasted pretty good plain, with a springy texture and just a hint of coconut…
…but he opted to top it with leftover slow cooker pork pot roast and sliced avocado.
Super-simple and tasty. Next time, I might add a little baking powder to lighten them up a bit more, but they were yummy without it.
Looking for more recipe ideas? Head on over to my Recipe Index. You’ll also find exclusive recipes on my iPhone and iPad app, and in my cookbooks, Nom Nom Paleo: Food for Humans (Andrews McMeel Publishing 2013), Ready or Not! (Andrews McMeel Publishing 2017), and Nom Nom Paleo: Let’s Go! (Andrews McMeel Publishing 2021).
PRINTER-FRIENDLY RECIPE CARD
Savory Coconut Pancake
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- Diamond Crystal kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon ghee
- Crack your eggs in a bowl. Measure out the flour and beat the egg and flour together with a pinch of salt.
- Melt ½ tablespoon of ghee or butter over medium heat in a cast iron skillet and pour in half the batter. Flip after 2 minutes.
- Cook the other side of the pancake for about another minute or so to. finish it off. Repeat for the second half of the batter.
- Top it with leftover slow cooker pork pot roast and sliced avocado!
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.
Hi, my pancakes fell apart. What did I do wrong. I did follow your directions.
I’m not sure what happened because I’m not in the kitchen with you!