I’ve made sous vide pork chops with great success numerous times but tonight was my first attempt at sous viding a whole pork loin roast in the water oven. The roast turned out fantastic and it only took me about 10 minutes of actual hands-on work. Wanna see how I did it?
Time to make Sous Vide Pork Loin Roast!
- 2 ¼ pound boneless pastured pork loin roast
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Arizona Dreaming seasoning (or your favorite dry rub)
- All of my recommended kitchen tools are listed here.
I dried off my roast with paper towels and liberally seasoned it with salt and pepper from up high.
Then, I generously sprinkled on the dry rub and massaged it in.
I vacuum sealed the roast with the help of my enthusiastic assistant who exclaimed…
“Mommy, we’re going to vacuum clean it!”
I filled and preheated my SousVide Supreme to 137 F. I used to set my machine to 140 F to cook pork but I like my pork a little bit pinker. Next, I dumped in the packet for a minimum of 4-5 hours.
When I took out the cooked roast, I dried it with paper towels…
…and blasted it with my kitchen torch.
I sliced up the roast and every piece was moist and cooked perfectly all the way through.
I can’t imagine cooking pork any other way.
Looking for more recipe ideas? Head on over to my Recipe Index. You’ll also find exclusive recipes on my iPhone and iPad app, and in my cookbooks, Nom Nom Paleo: Food for Humans (Andrews McMeel Publishing 2013) and Ready or Not! (Andrews McMeel Publishing 2017)!
PRINTER-FRIENDLY RECIPE CARD
Sous Vide Pork Loin Roast
- Dry off your roast and season liberally with salt and pepper. Then, generously sprinkle on your dry rub and massage it in.
- Vacuum seal the roast.
- Fill and preheat your SousVide Supreme to 137°F. (I used to set my machine to 140 F to cook pork but I like my pork a little bit pinker.)
- Dump your pork packet for a minimum of 4-5 hours.
- Take your roast out of the water oven and out of the vacuum seal. Dry it with paper towels and char it with your kitchen torch.
- Slice up your roast and serve!