This morning I threw together a frittata with some leftovers and a couple wrinkly tomatoes on the counter.
Time to make Frittata with Tabil-Spiced Pork, Spinach, and Tomatoes!
- 3 large eggs
- Diamond Crystal kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- ½ tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 cup of leftover Tabil-spiced pork and spinach
- ½ cup canned diced tomatoes
- All of my recommended kitchen tools are listed here.
After I whipped up three eggs with some salt and pepper, I heated some coconut oil in my little cast iron skillet over medium heat. I added about a cup of leftover Tabil-spiced pork and spinach and sautéed for about a minute until it was warmed through.
Then, I added some diced tomatoes and stirred that around for an additional minute.
I added the three eggs and let the bottom of the frittata set for a few minutes.
I popped the skillet in my toaster oven and broiled the frittata for ~10 minutes.
The middle was set and the edges were puffed and browned.
I split the frittata with Fitbomb and served it up with some nuked frozen broccoli.
I originally thought Fitbomb broke his fast because my breakfast was just too tempting to pass up but then I found out he had an ass-kicking WOD this morning.
Looking for more recipe ideas? Head on over to my Recipe Index. You’ll also find exclusive recipes on my iPhone and iPad app, and in my cookbooks, Nom Nom Paleo: Food for Humans (Andrews McMeel Publishing 2013) and Ready or Not! (Andrews McMeel Publishing 2017)!
PRINTER-FRIENDLY RECIPE CARD
Frittata with Tabil-Spiced Pork, Spinach, and Tomatoes
- Set your toaster oven to broil. Whisk the eggs with some salt and pepper in a bowl. Next, heat up your skillet over medium heat, and when it's hot, add in the coconut oil.
- Add the leftover Tabil-spiced pork (or whatever emergency protein you have on hand) to the skillet and sauté for about a minute until the meat is warmed through.
- Add the diced tomatoes to the pan and stir that for an additional minute.
- Pour in the egg mixture and let the bottom of the frittata set for a few minutes. No need to stir!
- Pop the skillet in your toaster oven and broil the frittata for about 10 minutes or until the eggs are cooked through, the middle is set and the edges are puffed and browned.