Cauliflower and Carrot Puree
With this recipe you get a healthy dose of beta carotene AND clean-up is a breeze – just one pot and the immersion blender. I’m all about the shortcuts!
- 4 tablespoons ghee or fat of choice divided
- 1 large cauliflower cut up into florets
- 3 large carrots cut into small chunks
- ½ medium onion coarsley chopped
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- ¼ cup organic chicken broth
- ¼ cup water
- Splash of heavy cream optional
- Diamond Crystal kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
Chop up your veggies and melt 3 tablespoons of ghee in a large stock pot over medium heat.
Drop the veggies, broth, and water into the bubbling fat. When the liquid starts to boil, cover the pot, turn down the heat to low, and let everything simmer until softened (25-30 minutes). Make sure your pot doesn’t dry out!
Add another tablespoon of ghee, a splash of heavy cream, salt, and pepper and blitzed everything with an immersion blender until smooth.
Calories: 138kcal | Carbohydrates: 9g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 11g | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 4g