Braised Green Beans with Tomatoes and Onions
This recipe will make any green bean tender and tasty!
- 2 tablespoons ghee
- 1 large onion thinly sliced
- Diamond Crystal kosher salt
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1 pound green beans trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 (14 ounce) can of diced fire roasted tomatoes drained
- 1-2 cups chicken broth or bone broth
- Freshly ground black pepper
Melt the ghee in a large skillet over medium heat. Once the ghee melts, throw in the onions and a sprinkle of salt and sauté until translucent.
Add the minced garlic, green beans, tomatoes, and enough broth to cover everything. Increase the heat to high until the broth comes to a boil. Then, cover the skillet with a lid and reduce the heat to low to produce a constant simmer.
Let the beans simmer for 5-10 minutes (or as long as it takes) to get tender. Remove lid and simmer to reduce liquid for ~5 minutes. Taste the beans and season with salt and pepper to taste. Plate it up!
Calories: 141kcal | Carbohydrates: 16g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 8g | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 7g