Sautéed Red Cabbage with Onions, Garlic, and Anchovy
Here's an awesome veggie side dish for your meats!
- 2 tablespoons ghee or fat of choice
- ½ medium onion thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1-2 anchovy fillets packed in olive oil
- 1 medium cabbage head roughly chopped
- 1-2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- Diamond Crystal kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
Melt ghee over medium heat in large skillet. Throw in the sliced onions and sauté until translucent. Add the minced garlic and anchovy fillets and mix to break up the anchovies.
Then, add the cabbage and stir to distribute everything. Cover with a lid and lower heat to medium low and cook until softened to your liking. Once the cabbage is cooked to your specifications, add 1-2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar and season with salt and pepper to taste.
Calories: 143kcal | Carbohydrates: 17g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 8g | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 9g