Simple Crab Recipe
This simple crab salad is a cinch to throw together and looks fancy enough to impress guests at a dinner party! Plus, this paleo, keto, Whole30, gluten-free, and no-cook dish can be assembled in just a few minutes!
- 1 pound cooked lump crab meat
- 2 scallions thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped Italian parsley
- 1 Thai chili pepper finely diced or 2 tablespoons diced sweet bell pepper (optional)
- Diamond Crystal kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons paleo mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 8 cups salad greens optional
- 2 large Hass avocado halved, pitted, and peeled (optional)
- 6 Belgian endive spears or mini sweet bell peppers (optional)
Dump the crab in a large bowl and mix in the scallions, parsley, and chili pepper (if using). Season to taste with salt and black pepper.
In a small bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise and lemon juice.
Carefully mix the mayonnaise dressing into the crab meat mixture. Taste and adjust seasoning with additional mayonnaise, lemon juice, salt, and/or pepper if needed.
For a light supper, serve the crab salad over greens or spoon it over halved and pitted avocados.
For an appetizer, cut the ends off the Belgian endives and separate them into spears. Arrange the spears on a platter and spoon in the crab salad. No endive spears? You can also halve and deseed mini sweet peppers and spoon the crab salad inside!
Because crab salad is so quick to make, you should probably just make it right before serving. If you insist on making it ahead, you can store it in a sealed container in the refrigerator for up to two days. Always do a smell check and if it smells off, don’t eat it!
Calories: 146kcal | Carbohydrates: 1g | Protein: 21g | Fat: 6g | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g