Carrot and Parsnip Puree
Looking for a mashed potato substitute but you're sick of eating cauliflower? Make some carrot and parsnip puree!
- ⅔ pound parsnips peeled and coarsely chopped
- 1 pound medium carrots peeled and coarsely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves or stalks of green garlic
- ½ onion coarsely chopped
- 4 tablespoons ghee or fat of choice divided
- ½ cup chicken stock
- ½ cup water
- Diamond Crystal kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
Start by coarsely chopping up all your veggies and slicing your garlic.
Melt 3 tablespoons of ghee in a large saucepan over medium heat. Once the fat liquefied, dump in the veggies, broth, and water.
Bring the liquid to a boil, turn down the heat to low, and simmer the covered pot for 25-30 minutes.
Once the vegetables are soft and tender, use your immersion blender to puree everything.
Then, add another tablespoon of ghee along with some salt and pepper to taste. Puree everything until smooth. Enjoy!
Calories: 169kcal | Carbohydrates: 18g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 11g | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 7g