Cauliflower, Carrot, and Parsnip Puree
Luckily my tinkering led to a yummy mashed potato substitute!
- 4 tablespoons ghee or fat of choice divided
- ¾ pound parsnips about 5 medium parsnips, coarsely chopped
- ⅔ pound carrots about 2 large carrots, coarsely chopped
- 1½ pound cauliflower florets about 1 small head of cauliflower, coarsely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves or green garlic stalks thinly sliced
- ½ onion coarsely chopped
- ½ cup chicken broth
- ½ cup water
- Diamond Crystal kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
Melt three tablespoons of ghee or butter in a large stock pot over medium heat and chop up your veggies, garlic, and onion.
Dump the veggies, broth, and water into the pot and wait until it comes to a boil.
Once boiling, lower the heat and simmer the covered pot for 25-30 minutes or until the vegetables are mushy.
Add salt, pepper, and the last tablespoon of ghee or butter and puree everything with an immersion blender. Enjoy!
Calories: 187kcal | Carbohydrates: 22g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 11g | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 8g