Asian Almond Chicken Salad
This is a great salad recipe that makes you actually want to eat a salad! It's made even easier by using cooked chicken that you hopefully already have on hand.
For the sauce:
- 3 tablespoons creamy almond butter
- 2 tablespoons Red Boat fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 tablespoon coconut vinegar
- 2 tablespoons applesauce
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
For the salad:
- 8 small kohlrabi roots peeled and sliced
- 3 medium carrots peeled and julienned
- 3 cups shredded cooked chicken
- Handful of fresh cilantro chopped
- Handful of fresh basil chiffonade
- Large head of romaine lettuce washed and torn into bite-size pieces
For the sauce, gather all your ingredients. Dump the ingredients in a bowl and whisk to combine.
For the salad, start by slicing the kohlrabi and peeling and shredding the carrots with a julienne peeler. Toss them into a bowl.
Add the dressing, the chicken, and the herbs into the bowl with the kohlrabi and carrots.
Toss everything well, then serve on a bed of romaine lettuce!
Calories: 478kcal | Carbohydrates: 37g | Protein: 47g | Fat: 19g | Fiber: 18g | Sugar: 16g