Spicy Salmon Cucumber Bites
Need a perfect paleo appetizer to impress your friends? Look no further than these delicious bite-sized cucumber bites!
- ¼ cup Paleo mayonnaise
- ¼ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ¼ teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- ½ pound cooked salmon
- 1 tablespoon shallots minced
- 1 tablespoon chives chopped
- Diamond Crystal kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 English cucumber peeled and cut crosswise into ¾-inch thick slices
- 4 cherry tomatoes quartered
- 1 bunch chive sprigs optional garnish
Combine the mayo, smoked paprika, and Tabasco in a small bowl and mix thoroughly. Taste for seasoning and add more Tabasco if you like things spicy.
Grab the cooked salmon and flake it into large bite-sized pieces.
Place the salmon, diced shallots, chives, salt, and pepper in a bowl and gently mix in the spicy mayonnaise.
Grab the cucumber slices and use a melon baller or teaspoon to scoop out the center of each cucumber slice. Don’t dig too deeply or your cups will become open-ended tubes and the salmon filling will fall right through.
Divide the salmon mixture into each cup and top each one with a cherry tomato slice and a couple of chive tops.
Calories: 112kcal | Carbohydrates: 4g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 11g | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g