Kale Salad With Persimmons
This easy Whole30-friendly kale salad with persimmons is the healthy winter salad of your dreams!
- 1 pound kale stemmed, washed, and dried
- Lemon Vinaigrette (recipe below)
- 1 medium Fuyu persimmon peeled and thinly sliced crosswise
- ½ cup almond slivers toasted
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon Dijon-style mustard
- ½ teaspoon Diamond Crystal kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon Freshly ground black pepper
Slice the kale into bite-sized pieces and toss them in a large bowl.
Add the lemon vinaigrette ingredients into a small measuring cup and whisk together until blended.
Pour the vinaigrette over the kale and massage it in with your clean hands. Wait at least 10 minutes before serving so the kale has a chance to soften. (If you’re serving the kale salad later, you can refrigerate the dressed kale in the fridge for up to four days.)
When you’re ready to serve the salad, toss in the sliced persimmon and top with toasted almond slivers.
Calories: 255kcal | Carbohydrates: 14g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 21g | Fiber: 2g