Tomato and Basil Salad
This tomato basil salad is simple and delicious! It's the perfect Whole30 summer vegetable side dish when you don't want to turn on the stove!
- 1 small shallot thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons aged balsamic vinegar
- 4 medium heirloom tomatoes cut into wedges
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon fleur de sel
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil leaves finely sliced
Place the sliced shallots in a small ramekin and cover with your favorite aged balsamic for at least 15 minutes to mellow their bite.
Plate the sliced tomatoes with the marinated shallots and vinegar, a splash of olive oil, a sprinkle of fleur de sel, a few grinds of freshly ground black pepper, and basil chiffonade.
Calories: 127kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 11g | Fiber: 2g