Cold Matcha Latte
Move over coffee, here comes something greener! My Whole30-friendly cold matcha latte made with coconut water, collagen, matcha, and non-dairy creamer is my fave new morning drink!
Cook Time3 mins
Total Time3 mins
Servings: 1 servings
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut water chilled (I like Harmless Coconut Water brand, but feel free to use your favorite coconut water!)
- 1 tablespoon collagen peptides
- 2 tablespoons Nutpods full-fat coconut milk, non-dairy creamer, or plain coconut yogurt,
- 1 teaspoon matcha save 20% off with code: nomnompaleo
Grab your immersion blender and blending cup. Measure out the coconut water, collagen peptides, non-dairy creamer, and matcha and place it all in the cup of your immersion blender.
Blend until smooth!
Savor and start your day with a bang! (You can pour it over ice, too!)
Got more questions about matcha or collagen peptides? Here are a few pointers:
- Start by reading these great articles about gelatin/collagen, and matcha.
- If you’ve never tasted matcha (which is a special type of finely milled green tea powder), try before you buy. Go order a matcha drink at your local hipster coffee/tea hangout, and take a sip or three before deciding whether to drop a small fortune on a fancy tin of green powder. (Good quality matcha ain’t cheap, people!)
- Matcha mixed with hot water can have a grassy, vegetal flavor loaded with umami; while the taste is not for everyone, I—and most people I know—happen to adore it. When it’s blended into a latte drink, the grassy matcha flavor is muted, and you end up with a tasty, creamy green beverage. Personally, I dig this brand of matcha online, but I also buy cans of matcha at my favorite tea shop and at Japanese markets. I was gifted a tin of this ultra high-end matchathat might make a fab present for someone special in your life (like yourself!).
- Make sure you procure a high-quality collagen peptides derived from grass fed animals. (I like this one.) And no, it doesn’t make your drink taste beefy. Also, make sure you buy collagen peptides for this recipe—not gelatin—because you want it to dissolve in cold liquid.
- You can make this a hot matcha latte by heating up the coconut water first!