Chinese Chicken Salad
Got a jar of All-Purpose Stir-Fry Sauce in the fridge? You can make this colorful, tangy, umami-packed Whole30-friendly Chinese Chicken Salad for dinner tonight!
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time40 mins
Total Time45 mins
Servings: 4 people
- 6 pieces Cracklin’ Chicken cut into slices
- ½ cup All-Purpose Stir-Fry Sauce
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil optional
- ½ head small Napa cabbage cored and sliced thin
- ½ head small red cabbage cored and sliced thin
- 2 medium carrots peeled and julienned
- 3 scallions thinly sliced on the bias
- ½ cup cilantro leaves roughly chopped
- ½ cup canned Mandarin oranges in 100% juice drained (I buy Native Forest brand)
- ¼ cup toasted almond slivers
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
Make some Air Fryer Cracklin’ Chicken or OG stovetop Cracklin’ Chicken and set it aside. Don’t worry, the crispy chicken will still be amazing at room temperature.
While the chicken is frying, measure out the All-Purpose Stir-Fry Sauce and whisk in the avocado oil if you’re using it. Taste the dressing on a piece of cabbage and add more avocado oil if desired.
In a large bowl, combine the cabbage, carrots, scallions, and cilantro.
Pour in most of the salad dressing and toss well. Taste for seasoning and add more dressing if needed.
Transfer the dressed greens to a serving platter and dot the salad with the mandarin oranges. Place the Cracklin’ Chicken on top of the salad.
When you’re ready to serve the Chinese Chicken Salad, sprinkle the toasted almonds and sesame seeds on top. Serve immediately!
Calories: 613kcal | Carbohydrates: 29g | Protein: 35g | Fat: 41g | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 17g