Lemon Ginger Meatballs
These Whole30-friendly Lemon Ginger Meatballs are savory and zingy at the same time!
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time30 mins
Total Time40 mins
Servings: 18 meatballs
- 1 pound ground pork the fattier the better!
- 4 shiitake mushrooms stemmed and minced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh mint leaves
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh Italian parsley
- 1 egg white optional—as I mentioned above, I accidentally left it out, and the result was still delicious!
- 1½ teaspoons grated fresh ginger or ¼ teaspoon ground ginger see Note #2 above
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- ½ teaspoon Diamond Crystal kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- freshly chopped herbs optional garnish
Heat the oven to 425˚F with the rack in the middle.
Grab a large bowl, and combine the pork, mushrooms, herbs, and egg white (if you’re using it). Add in the ginger, lemon zest, salt, and pepper. Mix well with your hands but don’t overwork the meat.
Divide the meat into 1½ tablespoon portions and roll into balls. Place the meatballs on a parchment-lined rimmed baking sheet and make sure they are evenly separated.
Bake the meatballs in the oven for 12-15 minutes or until cooked through. Top with freshly chopped herbs and dig in!