Roasted Portobello Mushrooms
Yield 4 servings
Roasted portobello mushrooms are so easy and delicious to make at home! Plus, they make great burger buns for those of you on a Whole30!
- 4 large Portobello mushrooms, wiped clean with a damp cloth or paper towel
- Melted ghee, melted coconut oil, or your favorite fat
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- Sunny Paris seasoning or your favorite salt-free herb blend
- Lemon or lime juice or your favorite vinegar
- Minced fresh herbs (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 400 F and place an aluminum foil- or parchment-lined baking sheet on the middle rack.
- Grab the mushrooms and remove the stems, scrape the gills out with a spoon, and flip the caps gill-side down.
- Cut a shallow “X” on the top of each mushroom, brush the whole cap (top and bottom) with melted fat, and season both sides with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle some Sunny Paris seasoning (or your favorite salt-free herb blend) on the caps before sticking them on the hot baking tray in the oven, gill-side up.
- Roast the 'shrooms for 10 minutes, and then flip them over to cook for an additional 10 minutes (20 minutes total). If you're using the cooked caps as buns, you're done!
- If you're serving the 'shrooms as a side dish, slice them up and squeeze on some lemon juice and minced fresh herbs.
Courses Side dish
Cuisine Gluten-free, Whole30, Paleo, Low Carb
Recipe by Nom Nom Paleo® at http://nomnompaleo.com/post/7720979232/roasted-portobello-mushrooms-easiest-version