Prosciutto-Wrapped Mini Frittata Muffins
Yield 12 muffins
These Paleo-friendly portable egg muffins filled with protein and veggies are a family-friendly favorite for packed lunches and eating on the go!
- 4 tablespoons fat (coconut oil, ghee, etc.), divided
- ½ medium onion, finely diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ pound cremini mushrooms, thinly sliced
- ½ pound frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 8 large eggs
- ¼ cup coconut milk (the fatty stuff at the top of the can works best)
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 5 ounces Prosciutto di Parma
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- Heat the oven to 375°F.
- Heat half the coconut oil over medium heat in a large cast iron skillet and sauté the onions until soft and translucent.
- Add the garlic and mushrooms and cook until the mushroom moisture evaporates.
- Season the filling with salt and pepper to taste and spoon it on a plate to cool to room temperature.
- For the batter, beat the eggs in a large bowl with coconut milk, coconut flour, salt, and pepper until well-mixed. Stir in the sautéed the mushrooms and spinach and mix to combine.
- Brush the remainder of the melted coconut oil onto the muffin tin and lined each cup with prosciutto, taking care to cover the bottom and sides completely.
- Spoon in the frittata batter, filling each cup until 3/4 full. Top each muffin with some halved cherry tomatoes.
- Bake the muffins in the oven for about 20 minutes, flipping the tray at the halfway point (i.e. rotating the tray 180 degrees).
- Cool the muffins in the pan for a couple minutes before transferring them to a wire rack.
Great for Paleo packed lunches or long plane rides!
Cuisine Paleo, Whole30, Gluten-free
Recipe by Nom Nom Paleo® at http://nomnompaleo.com/post/7486819479/prosciutto-wrapped-mini-frittata-muffins