Hello, friends! It’s been a while since I last hosted a giveaway. How do I know? Recently, a bunch of people have been entering my old giveaways…from 2012.
That tells me three things:
- I’ve got some new readers!
- The new folks love giveaways as much as my loyal Nomsters.
- Reading comprehension tends to go out the window when free stuff is involved.
Anyway, I got the hint, and have been hard at work lining up some fantabulous giveaways. Really—you won’t be disappointed.
Up for grabs this week: my favorite slow cooker!
And that’s not all: thanks to the generous folks at Hamilton Beach, THREE lucky winners will each receive this butt-kicking prize!
I don’t have to tell you how much I love slow cookers. This cheap, no-frills countertop appliance offers an easy way to cook food at a low, steady temperature for hours. There’s no need to babysit the pot—just set it and forget about it.
And believe me: slow cookers aren’t just for cold weather cooking. With a slow cooker, you can whip up delicious meals while you’re out enjoying the sun with your loved ones. Bonus: unlike an oven, your slow cooker won’t raise the temperature in your home to sweltering levels.
After working a long night shift, I like to chuck the components of a hearty stew into my slow cooker before conking out.
Eight hours later, I wake to the intoxicating aroma of a delicious, ready-made meal. My family gets a home-cooked supper, and I get to sleep in.
Best of all, the slow cooker’s low temperature and prolonged simmering helps to break down the collagen in meat; as a result, even tough cuts end up perfectly tenderized.
Looking for slow cooker recipes? Check these out:
- Grass-Fed Beef Shanks & Cabbage Stew
- Korean Grass Fed Short Ribs
- Thai Yellow Curry with Grass Fed Beef Brisket
- Lemongrass and Coconut Chicken Drumsticks
- Roast Chicken and Gravy
- Curried Goat Shanks
- Cheater Pork Stew
- Kalua Pig
- Pork Shoulder Roast
Not enough? Get these slow cooker cookbooks:
- Chrissy Gower’s Paleo Slow Cooking: Gluten Free Recipes Made Simple
- Arsy Vartanian’s The Paleo Slow Cooker: Healthy, Gluten-Free Meals the Easy Way
- America’s Test Kitchen’s Slow Cooker Revolution
- Oh, and don’t forget to pre-order my cookbook, too! (It’s not a slow cooker cookbook per se, but I did include a few of my very favorite slow cooker recipes!)
Have I properly psyched you up for the giveaway? Remember: THREE of my lucky readers will each win a Set & Forget 6 Quart Programmable Slow Cooker (retail value $79.99). Each cooker also comes with a cute 2-cup warmer that you can tote to work.
If you’re a resident of the U.S. (sorry, non-U.S. folks—I still love you!), just click on the link below to check out the official rules and entry instructions. (There are 8 different ways to enter!) But you gotta do it soon ’cause the deadline’s 8 p.m. PT on Saturday, June 29, 2013.
Good luck, everyone! (Please be patient with Rafflecopter: if too many people enter at once, it can go wonky. Just come back in a bit and finish entering!)0