Readers of Nom Nom Paleo can submit personal information in three different ways:
- By subscribing to my email newsletter;
- By entering personal contact information as part of a sweepstakes; or
- By registering as a DISQUS user to leave comments on my blog.
I will not release or sell your submitted email address to the public or any third party. Please note, however, that any information you publish in the comments sections of my blog is going to be accessible to the public, so think twice before disclosing personally identifiable information in the comments.
Like many other websites, Nom Nom Paleo makes use of log files. The information inside the log files includes internet protocol (IP) addresses, type of browser, Internet Service Provider (ISP), date/time stamp, referring/exit pages, and number of clicks to analyze trends, administer the site, track user’s movement around the site, and gather demographic information. None of this information is linked to any information that is personally identifiable.
Still, if you wish to disable cookies, you may do so through your individual browser. More detailed information about cookie management with specific web browsers can be found at the browsers’ respective websites.
Oh, and if you’re under 13 years of age, don’t give me any personal information. I really, really, really don’t want it.
Questions? Let me know.
Nom Nom Paleo’s a personal blog. All the posts are written and edited by me (Michelle Tam) and/or my husband (Henry Fong). We take all the photos, too.
We have no problem with folks who use short quotations from this blog, provided attribution is given to Nom Nom Paleo and a link back to the appropriate blog post is posted. But all of our blog content (posts, photographs, drawings, etc.) are copyrighted, so make sure you have permission from us before you post our stuff, please.
Yes, I have a nutrition degree and a doctorate in pharmacy, but I’m not your health care provider or dietitian. Don’t ask me to diagnose your problems, because I can’t and won’t. This is a food blog, not a health clinic.
As a blogger, I sometimes receive free review copies of books, food items, and other products. This, however, does not influence my reviews. My policy is to openly disclose if a product has been provided for free or for review purposes by a third party. I often refer to, review, recommend, and/or endorse certain products or services that I have purchased on my own, too.
I don’t receive any forms of compensation for this except for the following:
- I participate in the Amazon Associates program. If you make a purchase on Amazon using my affiliate links, I get a small referral fee. This applies to all purchases made on Amazon regardless of whether the product you buy was mentioned by me or not. Don’t worry: Your purchases are confidential. I don’t know who purchases items using this blog’s Amazon Associate links.
- Similarly, I’m enrolled in various affiliate programs run by a number of third party companies like Apple and Lunchbots, which means I get a wee cut of the action if you end up subscribing after clicking through from my links.
- When I host a giveaway on my blog, the prizes are sometimes provided by the makers of the product. Other times, I buy the prizes myself to give away to the winner(s).
- Lastly, after I discovered Red Boat Fish Sauce and started gushing about it on my blog, I was contacted by Red Boat and offered free fish sauce. I love Red Boat and would put it in everything even if they didn’t send me bottles of the stuff, but I wouldn’t feel right if you didn’t know that I get comped a lot of fish sauce these days.
Here’s the most important takeaway: I’m committed to providing you with my honest opinions about the topics and products featured on Nom Nom Paleo. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are our own, and we always do our best to steer clear of any conflicts of interest.
Questions about this stuff? Ask me.
For advertising information, please contact me.